Friday, September 15, 2006

wikiworldview

wikiworldview

I signed up for Blogger's beta thing just now. It created a separate blogger account, linked to my Google (gmail etc.) account. I haven't studied up on the new features (like these) yet. But it looks like they've made a bunch of changes.

It is easier to change fonts and colors, add various widgets to the sidebar (like rss feeds, pictures, lists, a bunch of things). It is easier to move elements around (e.g., move the sidebar to the left). I didn't play with the rich text editor much, but I didn't notice any big difference there.

Once the thing is out of beta, they will start introducing the new features into the regular Blogger. It will be possible (later) to merge any blogs created on the beta account with an existing blogger account.

1 comment:

mark said...

thx geebee. you make it sound like I should wait for them to upgrade me. It doesn't seem like it would be that helpful to have a new blogger account and have to go back and forth. That right?