Tuesday, April 17, 2007

DVI Single link vs. Dual link

DVI Single link vs. Dual link

or is the issue DVI-D vs DVI-I?

5. What is the difference between DVI-I vs. DVI-D?

These are the two most confusing digital connectors available. DVI-D allows for digital only signal transmission. However, DVI-I allows for digital or analog signals to pass over this cable/connector. You could have a VGA connector on one end of a cable and a DVI-I connector on the other and transmit an analog signal to the display. You could also have a DVI-I or DVI-D connector on one end and transmit a digital signal. The DVI-D male connector will connect/transmit with a DVI-I female. The DVI-D female connector will not connect/transmit with the DVI-I male. Contact us if you have further questions about these connectors.

No comments: